Our Mission Statement and Commitment to South Texas is:
To alleviate hunger in the eight-county service area in the South Texas area by collecting and distributing food through partner agencies and programs while creating awareness and educating the community on the realities of hunger.
To fulfill this mission, the South Texas Food Bank will:
· Solicit adequate funding, services, and surplus/donated goods from donors;
· Judiciously warehouse and distribute goods through its Member Agencies;
· Create and administer programs that alleviate hunger in our service area;
· Promote public education on the nature of, and solutions to, the problems of domestic hunger;
· Develop strong partnerships with community leaders and organizations, both within and outside our service area;
· Foster relationships with Feeding America, Feeding Texas, Texas Department of Agriculture, and the United States Department of Agriculture and any other agency or individual with a similar mission.